December has been a busy month for us and we are only half way (well almost) through. I finished up the semester last Friday. I managed a 3.6 GPA. It's not the 4.0 that I had last semester...But, the statistics class that I decided to take online (not sure what I was thinking) turned out to be pretty tough! I can honestly say that I am more proud of that "C" than I am of any "A" that I have ever received. I have three semesters to go and I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Woohoo!
I substituted for Sean's Kindergarten class last Friday. It was lots of fun and I got to put the skills that I learned in my classroom management class this semester to good use. Sean loved having me as his teacher for the day and was so very well behaved. After we finished all of their classwork, we got to do a fun project that I had prepared. It was a hand print Christmas tree. It turned out really cute and the kids had a great time making it! Here's a picture of the finished product:
Damian recieved an award at work for all of his hard work and I am very proud of him. He works so hard to take care of us and that means so much. So, I have to brag on him... a little. Here's a picture of his award:
The kids are really in the Christmas spirit and actually seem to be getting along. Wow! Hard to believe, I know! I hope I didn't jinx it! Today, Sean rediscovered his nerf gun that Santa brought him last Christmas. He chased Sydnee all around the house. She gave us a good laugh when she came out wearing her bicycle helmet. Safety first!
Chloe has decided that it's time to potty train. My philosphy on potty training (after doing it twice) is that you wait until the child is ready. Tonight, Chloe informed me that she needed to use the potty. This was out of left field. I took her to the bathroom and she did her business like it was no big deal. Maybe, she has been secretly using the potty for months now! Who knows??? But, I think we will be potty trained completely in time to ring in the new year because she seems to be serious about it! I'm definitely not complaining. After buying and changing diapers for over six years now, it will be so nice to be able to be a diaper free household!



No comments:
Post a Comment