Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tis the season...


We have been decorating up a storm around our house these past few weeks.  And by we, I mean my mom mostly.  I've been way too busy when writing papers and studying for finals to even look up.  But once again mom has saved the day and the house looks beautiful.  

We combined our decorations this year.  So, it's a combination of old, new, traditional, and not so traditional.  I think that everything meshed together and turned out fabulous.  I took some pictures of the fruits of Mom's labor and thought  I would share.  We have a few things left to do. Yes, I'm going to actually help with what's left! But, for the most part we are decked out with our Christmas decor.  So here it is for your viewing pleasure!

The front door - we still have to add lights to the trees on either sides of the doors.


Santa in the foyer made by my Aunt Connie - Mom's had him for 40+ years
View from foyer into living room








The is tree number 1 - located in the living room the above pictures are all from the living room or dining room!





The next few pictures are a few of my favorite ornaments that I've collected over the last decade or so!







Our Nativity Scene! A must have in our house! After all, Jesus is the reason for the season!





Below is tree number 2 - located in our den.  It's my personal favorite!

 
Also in our den, The big Santa dances and sings.  He's kind of creepy.  But, the kids think he is fabulous!




I promise that the next post will include pictures that have actual people in them.  The kids had already gone to bed when I snapped these - which is why the house doesn't look like it's been hit by a tornado!








No comments:

Post a Comment